CUJEF and Estate Planning

You can help ensure that future generations will continue to receive support by remembering CUJF and CUJEF in your annual giving and when planning your estate or making retirement plans.

Gifts may be made to CUJF and CUJEF as

  • one-time donations

  • ongoing for years to come



Gifts can be donated to

  • General Funds

  • a specific program

  • dedicated use fund



Gifts can be made as

  • part of a will or trust

  • the beneficiary of an IRA

  • the beneficiary of an insurance policy.  

Most of CUJEF’s investments are in a well-diversified pool of low expense stock and bond index funds.  Earnings are allocated monthly to each endowment in proportion to the total amount donated to the fund capital and any unspent income of the fund. 



Many people have retirement funds (IRA’s or pensions), life insurance policies and other financial accounts (stocks, checking accounts, etc.).  With any of these, you may list CUJF or CUJEF as a beneficiary.  You should consult your employer, bank, financial advisor or insurer about how to do it. 


Perhaps the most common way to plan for future donations is through a will or a trust.  Although you may create your own will or trust, consider consulting a legal or tax professional in order to determine what may be best in your particular financial circumstances and to maximize the tax savings for your estate.  If you already have a will or trust prepared, it is simple to change it to list CUJF or CUJEF as a beneficiary.

Not everyone can make a large gift to our Jewish community presently, but planned giving is something that everyone can do and there are several types of plans. Many of these have wonderful benefits for the gift donors. If structured properly, donors can enjoy increased income and generous tax savings.

For more information about the Champaign-Urbana Jewish Federation and estate planning call the CUJF office at 217-367-9872.

The information provided here is not intended as legal, tax, or investment advice. For such advice, please consult your attorney, tax professional, or investment professional.